Hey guys! How’s it going? Today’s post is all about stick highlighters. At first I didn’t think I would be a big fan of anything in a stick form, especially highlighters – I preferred them in powder or liquid form. Part of this was because I didn’t think they would mesh well with my skin and the other part is due to well – lack of actually trying the products. After receiving a couple deluxe sizes in Sephora Play boxes I decided to buy a few others and give them a try.
Lets get on with it!
- Trestique Highlighting & Perfect Multipurpose Stick – Sample Size. Received in Sephora Play box. Full size $34
- Elf Highlighting Stick in Permission – Full Size $1
- Benefit Watts Up Highlighting Stick – Sample Size. Received in Sephora Play Box. Full Size $30
- Cover FX Enhance Click Highlighter in Bubbly – Full Size $18
- Jordana Glow’n Go Creamy Strobing Stick in Pearl Glow – Full Size $4.99
- 6. Wet’n Wild Megaglo Highlight Stick in When the Nude Strikes – Full Size $3.99
Originally I had purchased the Cover FX stick and wasn’t too thrilled bc of the size and it basically fell apart (I had to smush it back together…..) so I hadn’t planned on trying any other highlighting sticks. However, after receiving the Trestique and Benefit highlighters, I decided I wanted to purchase a few drug store brands and compare them.
Here’s what I discovered:
- Blinding Highlight: Trestique – So pretty!
- Subtle Highlight – Benefit – Great for every day!
- Easiest to Blend: Jordana – Over or under foundation its amazing.
- Creamiest Formula: Tie. Trestique / Jordana – so creamy!
- Favorite shade: Cover FX
- Driest formula: Cover FX – Remember it fell apart.
- Easiest to apply straight from the stick: Wet’n Wild (It’s the perfect size!)
- Worst application: Tie. ELF – too big to apply straight to the face/ Cover FX – nice on primed skin but after foundation is awful
- Least Favorite shade: ELF – It too pink than I like but looks better when I’m self tanned.
- Favorite to Layer powder on top of: Wet’n Wild – I love pairing one of the WnW powder highlights over it for a BAM in our face effect that lasts all day
- Most pigmented: Trestique – So pigmented! So pretty!
- Most likely to repurchase: Trestique/ Jordana/ Benefit
- Most likely to declutter: ELF
- Best for Lighter skin tones: Trestique/ Jordana/ Benefit
- Best for Light to medium skin tones: Cover FX/ Benefit
- Can also be used as a blush topper for lighter skin tones: ELF
- Easiest to build up: WnW/ Trestique
All of these are great to layer over. I found that they all look great applied straight to the skin with foundation applied on top. While the Trestque and Jordana do the best out of the group applied on top of foundation, I found that the Cover FX stick moved my foundation around. Benefit is perfect for that every day lit from within glow. ELF is more of a blush topper for me. The Wet’n Wild highlight gives you that wet look that is so pretty in summer time!
My favorite out of the group is actually the Trestique.
Have you tired any of these? Do you regularly use stick highlights?
I know there are a few other brands that offer stick highlights so if you have any suggestions let me know!!!